Launch Complex 29 was used by the US Navy and is adjacent to LC-25. Both of these complexes are the most southern on Cape Canaveral AFS and consequently are the closest to the US Navy base.
There were supposedly 2 launch pads at LC-29, the placement of the blockhouse with the cable trench running to the pad at 45 degrees seems to support this. However from arial images and an examination of the ground it would appear as if the second pad was never built. It is possible that there was never a solid structure and the single reported launch was made from a mobile platform of some description.
The complex was built in the late 1950s with the first launch taking place september 21st 1959. The last flight was on May 19th 1980 after which the site was dismantled and deactivated.
The last 10 launches from LC-29 were commissioned by the UK Royal Navy testing Polaris A3 missiles with the Chevaline warhead.