The Cape Canaveral Launch Complex 9 is very different to the previous ones. This complex is an integrated structure containing both the launch pad and fire and control rooms.
It is also very different in that the Launch pad itself is on the second floor and there is a flame trench channelling the rocket exhaust through the building. Either side of the launch pad and flame trench there is a double storied building which is all connected at the base and by a platform on the roof.
The main structure of the launch pad remains standing in place today, and is very well preserved. It is quite difficult though to determine exactly what the functions of each room were as parts have been bricked up for safety after the operational equipment had been removed.
LC-9 flew 10 test flights of the Navaho XSM-64 cruise missiles. The Navaho program was cancelled on 13 July 1957, but already-built G-26 test missiles were flown to the end of 1958.